- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
Recipe from The J.R. Watkins Co., Winona, Minn., U.S.A.
These are better if allowed to stand at least one hour before rolling out and frying.
- Beat cream and milk together until foamy. Add sugar, beat again.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift 2 cups flour with the soda, nutmeg, baking powder and salt and add to first mixture.
- Then add enough additional sifted flour to make a soft dough. Knead lightly on slightly floured board.
- Roll 1/3 inch thick. Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
- Fry in deep fat (385 degrees) until golden brown, turning frequently. Drain on unglazed paper. Sugar if desired.
You may also like
Add Your Comment