- Cooking Time: 35 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Makes 6 servings.
- Combine sugar, water and spices. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat add butter.
- Sift together dry ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk all at once and stir just until flour is moistened.
- On lightly flour surface, roll dough about 1/4 inch thick in to a 18 x 12 rectangle. Cut into 6 inch squares. Place whole apple in each square.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and dash of nutmeg. Sprinkle each apple with sugar mixture, dot with butter. Moisten edges of squares. Fold in corners to center and pinch edges together.
- Place 1 inch apart in ungreased 11 x 7 baking pan. Pour the syrup over dumplings.
- Bake 375 for 35 minutes or until apples are done.
You may also like
Add Your Comment