- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
"A Tasting-Test Kitchen Endorsed Recipe"
"When finished, the pudding will look very much like old-fashioned Brown Betty." Serves 10.
- Line a casserole with pie crust. Mix sugar, spices, and salt and sprinkle over apples.
- Fill casserole, add molasses, butter and water. Cover with punctured pie crust, tuck edges together, press to sides of casserole.
- Bake in moderately hot oven (425 degrees) 45 minutes, decrease temperature to 325 degrees.
- When crust has browned slightly and apples are tender, remove from oven.
- Take a silver knife, chop up mixture. being sure that the pie crust is thoroughly mixed with apples. If dry or not sufficiently sweetened, add more water and molasses.
- Return to oven and bake 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.
You may also like
Add Your Comment