- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
This is my Aunt Rebecca Davis Carter's recipe. When we would go home to visit the family in Kentucky, Rebecca would always have a stack cake made for me. I loved those cakes, and I loved her too.
- Combine all ingredients but add only the first 3 c. of flours, gradually adding remaining flour a cup at a time until dough is fairly stiff.
- Divide dough in 6 balls, of equal size.
- Rub a small amount of shortening in iron skillet then mash one ball of dough evenly into skillet and bake 4-5 minutes taking care not to scorch the bottom.
- Remove the cake from skillet , coat a paper towel with shortening to wipe out excess four and to lightly grease the skillet, repeating the same process with all six layers.
- As each layers, bakes, assemble the cake, coating the top of each layer with apple mixture.
- * Wait a day or two to serve. The apple filling will ease into the cake and make it moist. YUMMY
You may also like
Add Your Comment