- Cooking Time: 25-30 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Makes two 9 inch layers.
Variation: Omit icing. Put layers together with whipped cream and sliced bananas. Frost with more whipped cream. Yummy!
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each is added. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine bananas and milk. Add sifted dry ingredients and milk with mixture alternately in small amounts beating thoroughly after each addition. Pour into greased pans and bake in moderate oven 375 degrees 25-30 minutes.
- Spread with "Seven Minute Frosting" between layers and on top and sides cake.
- Note: To make frosting: see recipe for Seven Minute Frosting
You may also like
Add Your Comment