- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
Recipe from M. Barnette.
This makes about 30 Parker House rolls or 18 Cloverleaf rolls.
- Dissolve completely, one cake of dry yeast in one cup of warm water. Place in large pan and add sugar, beaten egg, milk, salt, and melted shortening.
- Gradually add small amount of flour to this mixture until you have used about 4 1/2 cups. While adding small amounts of flour, add 2 tablespoons of beer at a time until you have used 6 tablespoons of beer. Mix thoroughly after each addition. It should be slightly moist. Do not use too much flour.
- Knead until bubbles appears in the dough.
- Then dip entire batch of dough in melted butter, cover and let rise for 1 1/2 hours in a warm place.
- Roll out dough and make rolls of your choice. Let them rise in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in 475 degree oven until they are brown. You had better keep a sharp eye on them because they bake quickly.
You may also like
Add Your Comment