- Cooking Time: 50-60 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Note: To hold this three layer cake together, use very small dowel rods. Measure the cake for the size, cut the rods, and place in the center of cake. Dowels help prevent sliding.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs until creamy. Add oil and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix flour, spices, soda, and salt. Add beaten egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add carrots, coconut, pineapple, nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Pour batter in three 8 inch round baking pans which have been sprayed with a nonstick coating.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until well done. Do not over bake. Test with a toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and finish cooling on rack.
- To make icing, cream together 1 stick butter, cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla with mixer. Add enough powdered sugar till it reaches spreading consistency.
You may also like
Add Your Comment