- Cooking Time: 25-30 min.
- Difficulty: easy
A vanilla cake loaded with buttered pecans.
- Place pecans and 1/4 cup butter in a baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter. Add eggs, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in vanilla and gently fold in 1 1/3 cup of the toasted pecans. Pour into three greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool on racks.
- To make frosting, cream 1 cup butter and confectioners sugar in a mixing bowl. Add evaporated milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, beat until smooth. (If icing is too stiff, add a little more milk.) Stir in remaining toasted pecans.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
You may also like
Add Your Comment