- Cooking Time: 7-9 min.
- Difficulty: easy
A great snack
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup water. Toss with a fork (If dough is too dry, add more water 1 teaspoon at a time.) and form into a ball.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a rectangle. Cut into 5 x 1/2 inch strips.
- Carefully twist each strip and place on greased baking sheets, pressing ends down.
- Bake at 425 for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle twists with parmesan cheese. Cool. Store in airtight container.
You may also like
Add Your Comment