- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
Recipe from the Countryside Kitchen.
If you do not have buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1/2 cup measure then fill with milk.
- Mix dry ingredients for chocolate cake.
- Add eggs, shortening and buttermilk to dry ingredients. Beat well.
- Add water and soda mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees.
- Mix icing ingredients: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup cream. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil until icing hardens in cold water, about 3 minutes. Allow icing to cool 5 minutes before spreading onto cake.
You may also like
Add Your Comment