- Cooking Time: 20 min.
- Difficulty: medium
This recipe first appeared in a promotional booklet for Fleischmann's Yeast in 1961.
- In saucepan, melt margarine or butter; stir in sugar and syrup, bring to rolling boil.
- Spread in large oblong pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixing bowl. Mix in Bisquick and beat vigorously.
- Turn dough out onto board dusted with Bisquick. Knead until smooth about 20 times. Roll out into 12 inch square.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle center third with one half the sugar and cinnamon mixture (1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon).
- Fold one third over center third. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut with a sharp knife crosswise into strips about 1 inch wide. Take hold of each end of strip and twist. Seal ends firmly.
- Place in pan about 1 1/2 inches apart. Cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 20 minutes. Invert pan immediately.
You may also like
Add Your Comment