- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
If meat does not come with seasoning packet, you can make your own.
Combine 1 tablespoon coarse salt, dried thyme and cracked peppercorns, 2 bay leaves, 2 teaspoons allspice and paprika and spread evenly over meat.
- Wash the corned beef and pat dry; remove excess fat. Pierce meat on both sides about one inch apart using a fork or metal skewer.
- Sprinkle contents of seasoning package on meat and rub in gently to distribute evenly. Allow meat to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place rack in roaster. Cover and preheat to 350 degrees (8-10 minutes). Carefully place meat on rack.
- Combine beef broth, water, beer, and garlic. Pour over meat. Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes, onions, and carrots; cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Add cabbage and celery; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes until vegetables are fully cooked.
- Turn off roaster. (If not ready to serve, turn dial to "keep warm" in selected roaster models or turn temperature dial down to 150.)
- Remove corned beef from roaster. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice across the grain and place on large serving platter. Arrange vegetables around meat. Strain liquid in roaster and pass spoon over meat.
You may also like
Add Your Comment