- Cooking Time: 35-40 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Makes one 9 inch pie.
- Sift flour and salt. Cut in butter and poultry fat, add ice water and mix gently.
- Roll out thin and line pie pan which has been heavily buttered. Left over pastry used for strips to cover top of pie.
- Slice half of the stick of butter over the crust in the pie tin.
- Mix together sugar and flour and put half over butter.
- Peel and chop enough apples to fill pie tin heaped up. Cover with remainder of sugar and flour mixture.
- Top with strips of crust and slice remainder of butter over top.
- Place in 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done and pastry is brown on top.
You may also like
Add Your Comment