- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Makes 2 loaves.
Note: I don't use a dough hook. I use my hands. Just add a little more flour so it doesn't stick.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixing bowl. Add salt and oleo. Add flour. Work dough in mixer with dough hook. Dough will be sticky.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk about 1 hour. Divide dough into equal portions on floured board. Work dough into long roll shapes.
- Place bread rolls on greased baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in bulk about 1 hour. With a sharp knife or razor, make 4 diagonal cuts on top of each loaf.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or when bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from oven and brush with egg white mixed with water. Return to oven 5 minutes longer.
You may also like
Add Your Comment