- Cooking Time: 8-10 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Recipe from Mrs. F. Schmugge, Bowling Green, Ohio. Makes 4 dozen.
The rolled up version is popular in Sweden. Cooks there roll the warm cookies around a piece of broom handle.
- Mix flour and coconut or nuts.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter or margarine in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in flour mixture; then vanilla.
- Drop batter by teaspoons about 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool 3-4 minutes before removing from pan. (If cookies cool too much to remove from pan, return to oven for a minute).
- *Note: There is a moment when the cookies are cool enough to roll, yet not so cool they will break in rolling.
You may also like
Add Your Comment