- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Difficulty: medium
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottoms of 3 (9 inch pans) with wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate and water in large microwaveable bowl 1 1/2- 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating after each addition until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir into batter. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Immediately run spatula between cake and side of pans.
- Cool 15 minutes remove from pan. Remove wax paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread coconut pecan filling and frosting between layers and over top of cake
You may also like
Add Your Comment