- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Difficulty: easy
A classic Southern recipe
- Wash the tomatoes, remove stem and blossom end, and cut into thin slices.
- Cook the tomato, water, and lemon until the tomatoes are almost tender and drain.
- When the tomato liquid has cooled, add the cornstarch, which has been mixed with the sugar and salt, and cook until thickened.
- Add the tomatoes, cinnamon, and butter; mix thoroughly.
- Pour the hot mixture into a baked pastry shell, add the top sheet of dough.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (375° to 400°F.) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
You may also like
Add Your Comment