- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
My mother-in-law Dolores B. made this candy every Christmas.
Makes 2 pounds.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and 1 cup cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in remaining cream. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 250 (hard-ball stage), stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla, mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch squares. Wrap individually in wax paper, twist ends.
You may also like
Add Your Comment