- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
Eggnog can be stored covered in refrigerator for several days, whisk before serving.
Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually add 1 quart milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160-170 about 30-35 minutes.
- Pour into a large heat proof bowl; stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining milk.
- Place the bowl in an ice water bath stirring frequently until mixture is cool. If the mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, beat the cream in a mixing bowl on high until soft peaks form; whisk gently into the cooled milk mixture.
- Pour into a chilled punch bowl.
You may also like
Add Your Comment