- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
Makes 3 dozen.
- Prepare the basic bread roll recipe.
- Sieve the cinnamon and nutmeg with the flour. After the first addition of flour, stir in the currants and peel.
- Add the second measure of flour and proceed as for the basic dough.
- Divide the dough in two sections and roll each into a long cylinder 18 inches long. Cut into 18 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball between lightly floured hands.
- Place on greased baking trays, allowing room for rising. Leave uncovered to rise.
- Using a sharp knife and handling the delicate risen rolls with care, cut through the skin of the dough in the shape of a cross.
- Bake in a hot oven (400-425°F) for about 25-30 minutes. When the buns are cold, if wished, make a small cross on the buns in icing.
You may also like
Add Your Comment