- Cooking Time: 30-35 min.
- Difficulty: easy
A lightly flavored cake with a delicious lemon buttercream icing
- Grease and flour 2 nine inch pans. Set aside.
- Sift together flours, soda, baking powders, and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat oil, butter, vanilla and extracts. Beat well with hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add lemon zest.
- Fold in dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Mix until it has no further lumps in batter. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before turning onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Prepare icing by mixing together 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon extract and 1 cup butter. Add 2 tablespoons milk while beating. Beat until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost cake with icing.
You may also like
Add Your Comment