- Cooking Time: 10 min.
- Difficulty: easy
This meringue cuts beautifully and never gets sticky.
- Blend cornstarch and cold water in a saucepan. Add boiling water and cook, stirring until clear and thickened. Let stand until completely cold.
- With electric beater at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff, but not dry.
- Turn mixer to low speed, add salt and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in cold cornstarch mixture. Turn mixer again to high speed and beat well.
- Spread meringue over cooled pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
You may also like
Add Your Comment