- Cooking Time: 10-12 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Recipe from Ethel Dale.
Makes 4 dozen (2 1/2 inch) cookies.
- Mix together shortening, brown sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Sift together and stir in dry ingredients.
- Chill dough. Roll into balls the size of small walnut. Dip tops in white sugar.
- Place sugar side up 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with 2 to 3 drops of water to produce a crackled surface.
- Bake until just set, but not hard at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
You may also like
Add Your Comment