- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
Makes 1 1/4 pounds.
- Butter sides of heavy 2 quart saucepan. In it combine sugar, molasses and water. Heat slowly, stirring constantly, till sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boiling; add vinegar: cook to soft crack stage ( 268 degrees). Remove from heat; add butter and soda, stir to mix.
- Pour into buttered 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch pan. Cool till comfortable to handle.
- Butter hands; gather taffy into ball and pull with fingertips. When light taffy color and hard to pull cut in fourths.
- Pull each piece into long strand about 1/2 inch thick.
- With buttered scissors, quickly snip into bite size pieces. Wrap each piece in waxed paper.
You may also like
Add Your Comment