- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Yields one 9 inch pie, 8 servings.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce maple syrup by a quarter, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and egg. Whisking constantly, slowly add cream mixture to eggs.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a cup or bowl with pouring spout.
- Stir in salt, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Pour filling into crust and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until pie is firm to touch but jiggles slightly when moved, about 1 hour.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
You may also like
Add Your Comment