- Cooking Time: 35-40 min.
- Difficulty: easy
An old fashioned cake recipe
- Pour boiling water over the oats; let stand 20 minutes. Do not drain off.
- Cream butter and both sugars with oats.
- Add the 2 eggs and beat well. Add the dry ingredients.
- Bake in greased and floured pan at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Make topping: dissolve thoroughly 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Add 1 stick butter and cook, stirring until mix boils and becomes thick. Take from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla, nuts and coconut.
- Pour topping over cake while hot.
You may also like
Add Your Comment