- Cooking Time: 12-14 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Tasty peanut butter bars frosted with chocolate icing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly beat in the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats.
- Put dough into prepared pan. Press gently with fingers to even the dough out. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until bars are light golden brown and set around the edges. Cool completely.
- While bars are cooling, make the chocolate frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the blade attachment, beat the 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cup cocoa together until smooth, about 2 minutes. Alternately add 3 cups powdered sugar and 1/3 cup milk and beat until creamy and smooth. Mix in the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Frost the cooled bars with chocolate frosting. Cut into squares and serve.
You may also like
Add Your Comment