- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, line baking pan with waxed paper and grease.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin. Beat on high.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites. Gradually add remaining sugar. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; fold into pumpkin mixture and spread onto pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with powdered sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper.
- Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm.
You may also like
Add Your Comment