- Cooking Time: 20-25 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Top with your favorite icing.
- Cream shortening, add sugar gradually and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously after each addition. Add flavors.
- Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring and blend in.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with buttermilk. Add vinegar with last half of buttermilk. Beat only until smooth.
- Bake in 3 greased and floured 8 or 9 inch pans for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely. Top with your favorite icing.
You may also like
Add Your Comment