- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: easy
Potato was misspelled in the original recipe's title.
Yields 6-8 servings.
- Cook potatoes, covered, in boiling salted water 35 to 40 minutes, until tender but not soft.
- Drain and cool. Remove skin; cut into one-eighth inch slices.
- Melt butter in large skillet; add onion and green pepper; cook until tender.
- In greased 2 quart casserole or baking dish, layer potatoes, sausage, cheese, and onion mixture, ending with potatoes.
- In bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, basil, and Tabasco. Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 30 minutes or until custard is set.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
You may also like
Add Your Comment