- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
Yields 8 servings.
You can make the filling ahead of time and reheat just a bit before placing in casserole dish, covering with puff pastry and baking.
- Brown bacon in frying pan. Crumble into small pieces.
- Cut steaks into bite size cubes, roll in flour mixture, brown in bacon drippings; add extra oil if necessary.
- When browned, place meat and crumbled bacon in a casserole dish.
- Sautee onions in the bacon drippings/oil until golden, then add to the meat.
- Add the raisins, peas, parsley, brown sugar, and Guinness; cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 2- 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally and add more Guinness or water if the gravy gets too thick.
- Roll out pastry to fit casserole. Place on top of meat mixture and bake according to package directions or until puffed golden.
You may also like
Add Your Comment