- Cooking Time:
- Difficulty: medium
Recipe by Ball Canning & Recipes.
Makes 2 (1/2 pint) jars.
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Place strawberries in a 6 or 8 quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin.
- Over high heat, bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool.
- Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
You may also like
Add Your Comment