- Cooking Time: 2 to 2 1/2
- Difficulty: easy
The original recipe card is dated September 18, 1948.
- Trim the edges of round steak. Combine salt and pepper with flour.
- Pound flour into both sides of the steak as much flour as it will hold, using a mallet or the side of a plate.
- Heat in a heavy skillet bacon fat combined with chopped onion.
- Brown the beef in the fat quickly.
- Add tomatoes, celery, garlic; cover tightly and bake in a slow oven of 275 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Uncover for last half hour to thicken sauce. Thicken gravy with flour if necessary.
- Remove steak to hot platter and serve with sauce over and around it .
You may also like
Add Your Comment