- Cooking Time: 45 min.
- Difficulty: easy
Wacky Cake was popular during World War II due to rationing. It's a little "wacky". You don't need butter, eggs, or milk in this cake.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Oil well a cake pan 8 x 8.
- Into the well oiled cake pan sift sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Spread in pan pushing sides higher than the center.
- Make three holes in mixture. In the first, pour the vinegar, in the second the vanilla, in the third the melted shortening.
- Over all pour the warm water. Mix vigorously.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- When baking is completed, loosen the cake from the pan and invert on a cake cooler.
- While cake is still warm, pour over icing which glazes as it cools.
You may also like
Add Your Comment